Hello from byRemote
We want to introduce you to the Web Site for the byRemote Video as a Service
The byRemote Video as a Service provides the affordable off-site hosting of surveillance video
What is byRemote Video as a Service?
Video as a Service is a term that was coined by byRemote in the way back time of 2004. Our thought was that a viewer would not wish to maintain an on-site digital video recorder (DVR) to view and record their surveillance video. Instead, the video from a network based camera would be transmitted over an Internet Protocol (IP) address to a web-based software application. The viewer would then login via a web portal to view their live streaming and recorded video. Coincidentally, this was the time when Software as a Service, or SaaS, was starting to appear. Where a software application was hosted on a remote server rather than on a local computer. So, we just called our web-based products Video as a Service.
This web-based software application provided by byRemote would then provide the viewing and the management of the live streaming and recorded video. To view their live streaming and recorded video, a viewer would access their video by entering their unique login on the login page of the web portal. From there a simple user interface allows a point-and-click system to view the live streaming and recorded video.
The person or company would then subscribe to the byRemote Video as a Service product on a recurring monthly revenue basis. The Video as a Service products provide video surveillance on a budget-friendly, on-demand subscription basis. A user will only pay for what they need. This service is provided by our flag ship product, the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service.
Hosted Video as a Service
The Hosted Video as a Service is the byRemote Video as a Service flag ship product. With the Hosted Video as a Service, the surveillance video from a remotely located network camera, Digital Video Recorder (DVR), Network Video Recorder (NVR) is hosted on a remote server located in a secure data center.
Video Management System Software. The Hosted Video as a Service uses the Video Management System software. The Video Management System software supports any network camera, DVR or NVR that has a Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) that supports the H.264 video stream.
How is the Hosted Video as a Service priced? Simple. There is just one price that is based on the Recording Plan for which the video is to be recorded. No extra charges for additional bandwidth or data storage.
- The monthly subscription license fees are based on the Recording Plan that you choose.
- The monthly subscription license fees are per camera per month in USD funds.
- There are no additional storage or bandwidth charges.
- Each camera may have its own Recording Plan. You may upgrade or downgrade your Recording Plan at any time. We can customize a recording plan for any time period.
- The video is recorded for 24-hours for each day of the Recording Period. This gives a look-back period of 24-hours for each of the recorded days. An example; a camera that has the video recorded for 14-days would have a look-back period of 336 hours.
Free 30-Day Test Drive. An industry first. Try out the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service for 30-days for free. If, after the Free 30-Days, you like our service, we will be delighted to continue the service. If not, for any reason, you may discontinue the Hosted Video as a Service. We do not require a credit card during the Free 30-Day Test Drive.
For more information, just click on the button
Video Management System Software
- The Video Management System software is the software that is used in the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service. It was developed to support the ONVIF standard. The Open Network Video Interface Forum (ONVIF) standard was developed to facilitate the development and use of a global open standard for IP-based security products. In this case, these products are network IP cameras, Digital Video Recorders (DVR) and Network Video Recorders (NVR).
- H.264 high definition video stream support. The Video Management System software answers the need to support the live streaming viewing and the recording of the video from network IP based cameras, DVR’s and NVR’s that support the H.264 video stream. This is because the H.264 video stream uses less of the bandwidth that is needed for the viewing and the recording of the video, while providing the viewing and recording of the surveillance video in the high definition (HD) resolution.
- Network camera, DVR and NVR support. The Video Management System software will support the network IP cameras, NVR’s and DVR’s that have the support for the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). Most of the newer network cameras have this. As with the newer Digital Video Recorders (DVR) and Network Video Recorders (NVR).
For more information, and a Live Demonstration, just click on the button
byRemote Partner Program
For the byRemote Video as a Service, we have developed the byRemote Partner Program. The byRemote Partner Program has partner levels. You can select the level that will best fit your needs.
- Maybe you are the information technology person for your company, and your company wishes to have their surveillance video stored off-site. Or, perhaps you have an IT company, and have clients, and potential customers, that wish to have their surveillance video recorded off-site. But, you do not wish to provide the billing and software support. Then, the Affiliate Level is the byRemote partner level for you.
- Billing and network support. If you wish to provide your existing clients, and new customers, with an off-site hosted video surveillance solution, and provide the billing and network support, the Reseller level is the byRemote Partner level for you.
- Video Management System software support. As a byRemote Partner, you will receive un-limited support for Video Management System software from the byRemote Help Desk.
- Service offering. The Reseller Partner Level allows you to provide the Hosted Video as a Service to your clients and opportunities as your own service offering.
- Logo branding. For your login, we will add your company logo. For your clients login, they will see the logo for their company. Or, if you wish, they may see your logo.
- Protected territory. As a byRemote Reseller Partner, you will receive a protected territory.
More information? Click on the button.
Unlimited support with the Hosted Video as a Service Subscription Fee
- byRemote Help Desk.
- The Hosted Video as a Service uses the Video Management System software. The byRemote Help Desk provides unlimited support for the Video Management System software.
- IsItUp off-line camera email notification. Should your camera go off-line, you will receive an email notification.
- Video Management System software updates. Updates are necessary software fixes. These are included in the Hosted Video as a Service monthly subscription fee.
- Video Management System software upgrades. Upgrades are additions to the features of the software. Upgrades are included in the Hosted Video as a Service monthly subscription fee.
byRemote Help Desk
Just Click on the Button
Live Video Demonstration
We do have a Live Video Demonstration
Take a Look
For best results, use the Chrome or Firefox browser
Just click on this button
Free 30-Day Test Drive
- An industry first is the Free 30-Day Test Drive. byRemote was the first to offer the Free 30-Day Test Drive for off-site hosted video. This is an offer to you, to test drive the Video Management System software for free for 30-days. We use the Hosted Video as a Service for the test drive.
- If you like the Hosted Video as a Service, and wish to continue the service, we are delighted. Of course, then you will have to pay for the service.
- If, for any reason, you do not wish to continue the service, there will be no charges. We do not require a credit card for the Free 30-Day Test Drive.
- How do we start the Free 30-Day Test Drive? It is easy. We have a web page where you can submit an on-line Account Activation form.
Just click on the button
How is the byRemote Hosted Video as Service used?
Below are some screen shots from locations that are using the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service.
With video surveillance in place, employees know that they are working in a secure environment.
As with restaurants, the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is perfect for bars. With video surveillance in place, employees know that they are working in a secure environment.
The Hosted Video as a Service is a natural for residential surveillance. There is no need for onsite video storage. Just a network camera, router and an broadband connection.
The shipping processes can be viewed by all supervisors, or each supervisor may have just access to the video surveillance for their area.
With medical cannabis facilities, The byRemote Hosted Video as a Service easily provides the off-site hosted video with 24-hour recording that is often required by local regulations.
In this case the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is used to provide the remote monitoring of propane storage tanks. No on-site recording of the surveillance video is needed. The video is recorded safely off-site.
With video surveillance in place, employees have a secure work environment. Also, each supervisor can monitor their area.
The byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is an ideal video surveillance solution for day care. With its unlimited users, each parent can have their own unique user account.
Here the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is used in a bowling lane to provide a family safe environment for the customers. A separate bar area also has video surveillance.
Here is a Partial List of Clients that are using the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service
What are Clients Saying about the byRemote Video as a Service?
Here are some Testimonials from Users of the Hosted Video as a Service
O'Kelly's Tastes & Toddies
Proactive is my management philosophy here at O’Kelly’s, our intent is to comply fully with all rules and regulations regarding my liquor license and the City of Fargo.
”Recently, we had an incident in which a few of our employees were found drinking on premise long after the bar had been closed. Along with working closely with the Fargo Police Department, I felt that we needed to implement a video surveillance system which would allow us to monitor operations on site, as well as remotely. Requirements were that myself, along with my management team, would be notified of any movement during specified hours and that no video was to be stored in house.
From my research, I found that byRemote could provide us with the video solution that I was looking for. With byRemote storing the video off-site on their servers, I’m assured that the video can’t be tampered with and we have anytime access to the video, regardless where we’re at.
Once the system was installed, a motion detection feature was added to notify my by e-mail with video snapshots of any person or persons that were at the bar during the restricted hours. All of my employees know that they are to be out of the bar by a certain hour and they know now that they will be recorded if they’re not. Preventative is the key word…. all of my employees have been made aware of the cameras and know that myself and my management team are monitoring the video. I feel that the video surveillance allows us to run a “tighter ship” and actually, our employees appreciate this. In closing, I would recommend byRemote to anyone who is planning to install a video surveillance system. The installation was professional and quick and the after-installation support is provided with a low monthly fee and now with this being done, I have more time to concentrate on managing the rest of my business.”
Mike C.. – Owner
O’Kelly’s Tastes & Toddies
Citgo Sooper Stop
When the new owner of the Citgo Sooper Stop took over this West Fargo C-store, he knew he needed a surveillance system installed quickly. He selected byRemote’s Hosted Video as a Service (HVaaS) solution and within 2 weeks of the installation he was robbed at knife point. As one of our biggest cheerleaders, the owner will happily talk to anyone about his system and how he was able to pay for the system within the first few weeks of operation.
Todd J. – Owner
Citgo Sooper Stop
This Taco John’s franchise has selected byRemote’s Hosted Video as a Service (HVaaS) solution and has IP cameras installed at six locations in North Dakota and Minnesota. The chain connects all of their locations with a high-speed Internet connection and records the video from each location byRemote’s secure servers located in Fargo, ND. The cameras and recordings can be accessed remotely through a web browser which gives them the ability to monitor day-to-day operations in real time. Each store has mounted a monitor in their kitchen prep area to determine the number of vehicles waiting in their drive-thru lane. The speed of service has greatly increased since adding cameras to their stores.
Dalton R. – Owner
R & D Management
Tubs of Fun
Tubs of Fun is a retail store featuring hot tubs, swimming pools and related products.
Troy D. – Owner
Tubs of Fun
The Valley Kitchen is a family style restaurant featuring a home cooked style menu.
Laurie B. – Owner
West Fargo Fitness Center
The West Fargo Fitness Center is a 24-hour access fitness center. As such, it is important that they provide a secure environment.
Matt L. – Owner
West Fargo Fitness Center