Video as a Service is a term that was coined by byRemote in the way back time of 2004. Our thought was that persons and companies would not wish to maintain an on-site digital video recorder (DVR) to view and record their surveillance video. Instead, the video from a network based camera would be transmitted over an Internet Protocol (IP) address to a web-based software application. The viewer would then then login via a web portal to view their live streaming and recorded video.
Coincidentally, this was the time when Software as a Service, or SaaS, was starting to appear. Where a software application was hosted on a remote server rather than on a local computer. One of our solutions, what we called Hosted Video as a Service, was hosted on a remote server. So, we just called our web-based products Video as a Service.
This web-based software application, provided by byRemote, would then provide the viewing of the live streaming and recorded video. The viewer would access their video by entering their unique login on the login page of the web portal. The person or company would then subscribe to the Video as a Service on a recurring monthly revenue basis.
Video Management System
What is the Video Management System? The Video Management System software was developed to support the Open Network Video Interface Forum (ONVIF) standard for network IP cameras.
What Video Stream is Supported? The Video Management System software supports the H.264 video stream for HD video.
What network IP cameras are supported? The Video Management System software will support the network camera, Digital Video Recorders (DVR) and Network Video Recorders (NVR) models that have the support for the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). Most of the newer network cameras have this.
Hosted Video as a Service
The Hosted Video as a Service is the flag ship product of the byRemote Video as a Service
The Hosted Video as a Service uses the Video Management System software
The byRemote Video as a Service is available as a monthly subscription that is based on the number of days for which the surveillance video from each camera is to be recorded. We call these Recording Plans.
- Choose the Recording Plan that best fits your needs.
- Each camera may have its own Recording Plan.
- The video is recorded in hours for a look-back period of 24-hours for each of the recorded days. An example; a camera that has the video recorded for 14-days would have a look-back period of 336 hours.
- You may upgrade or downgrade your Recording Plan at any time.
- The Hosted Video as a Service product monthly subscription license fees are provided on a month-to-month basis. There are no contracts.
- There are no additional storage or bandwidth charges.
- On-going support with the byRemote HelpDesk is included in the monthly subscription fee for the Recording Plan.
For pricing on the Hosted Video as a Service, just click on the Pricing Request listing in the Quick Links on the right or the tab in the Menu at the top of the page. Just fill in the form with the requested information. We will then respond with a firm quote.
byRemote Partner Program?
The byRemote Partner Program is a Recurring Monthly Revenue opportunity for you to provide the byRemote Video as a Service offerings to your existing clients and prospective customers as your own service offerings.
As a byRemote Partner you will have the opportunity to purchase the byRemote Video as a Service solutions and then provide them to your customers and opportunities as your service offering. To accommodate your business plan, the byRemote Partner Program has partner levels. You can select the level that will best fit your business plan.
For more information amd how to sign up for the byRemote Partner Program, just click on the Partners listing in the Quick Links on the right or the tab in the Menu at the top of the page.
Support is important. With the monthly subscription fee for the Hosted Video as a Service, the following support items are provided by the byRemote HelpDesk.
- We provide un-limited support for the Video Management System and Video Surveillance Center software.
- IsItUp off-line camera email notification. Should a camera happen to go off-line, an email notification will be sent to a designated email account..
- Software updates. Updates are necessary software fixes. These are included in the monthly subscription fee.
- Software upgrades. Upgrades are upgrades to the software features. These are included in the monthly subscription fee.
A support request may be submitted by phone, email or from the HelpDesk page on this web site. To take a look, just click on the listing in the Quick Links on the right or the tab in the Menu at the top of the page.