Clicking on the will show the Video archives page. For this lesson, we are showing the video archives for the Dealer customer account. This is an account that we have created for these lessons.
- You will see the Location, Camera Feed and Dates. Use these to select camera feed for which you wish to view the recorded video feeds. The default will be first location, camera feed and current date.
- Location. Clicking on the to the right of the Location would display a list of the locations that have been added. You would just click on the location to select it.
- Camera Feed. Clicking on the to the right of the Camera Feed will display a list of the camera feeds that have been added for the location selected. To select a camera feed, just click on it.
- From and To. Clicking on the will display a calendar from which the from and to date may be chosen. A clock icon is located on the bottom center of the calendar. Clicking on this will display a screen where you may select the time. Use the arrows to select the hour and minutes. Click on the AM to toggle for AM or PM.
For this lesson, we have selected the following. This is done by clicking on the next to the Location and Camera Feed and the Calendar for the From and To day and time;
- Location. Location one.
- Camera Feed. The Entrance camera video feed was selected.
- From. The date and time of 12/20/2017 at 2:00 PM.
- To. The date and time of 12/20/2017 at 5:00 PM.
This will then show the following;
- Location. This is for the Location one that was selected.
- Camera. The Dealer customer camera video feed. This is the camera video feed that was selected.
- Start Time. This will show start time that would be selected. Please note the message “All times are shown in your browser’s timezone – as each of your locations have potentially different timezones.”
- End Time. This will show end time that would be selected. Please note the message “All times are shown in your browser’s timezone – as each of your locations have potentially different timezones.”
- Duration. The 15 minute duration of the video clip. If the video clip was archived for a lesser time, this will show here.
- Status. The status of the video clip. If the video clip was processed correctly for the 15 minute time frame, a check mark will show. If the video stream was unable to be archived, a will show. Hovering over this with your mouse pointer will show a “Recording failed”.
- Play. To view the video clip, you will just need to click on the play icon; .
- Download. To download the video clip, you would click on the download icon; . The video clip will then be downloaded as a MP4 file.
Play. Clicking on the would allow the viewing of the archived video feed before downloading it as a video clip
- When you would move your mouse pointer to the bottom of the video, you will see a video player.
This has controls for viewing the archived video feed;
- To pause the video feed playback, click on the . This will pause the video feed. A will then show. Click on this to restart the video feed.
- To move the time for the video feed, you would bring your mouse pointer over to the . Then, Drag the . The time will then show in the video feed for the location where you have moved the .
- To show the video feed in full screen, you would click on the .
- To download the video feed, click on the . The video will then be downloaded as a MP4 file. The video feed will then be played with the player that you are using. We recommend that you do use a Media Player and not Movie & TV Player. With a Movie & TV Player, the player will modify the video to play in the movie or tv format. This will cause distortion.
- What do we use to view the downloaded MP4 video file?
- We recommend using the VLC media player. This will show the video in its native format. Here is the link for the free download. VLC media player.