When you have logged in, you will see the Locations
- Locations are where the camera feeds are added.
- You may create multiple locations, each with its own camera video feeds.
- Each location will show a map that is based on the location address.
- To view the video feed, or feeds, from a location, just click on the name of the location.
- For this lesson, this is the Location one. This is a location that we have added for this lesson.
- We have added a Floorplan to the location for this lesson. This is an optional feature.
We are going to click on the Location one
- This will show a page with the Floorplan and the static images of the video feeds from the devices.
- It will also show the Location information.
- For the live video demonstration, we have used the video feeds from network cameras, a NVR and a DVR.
What you will see
- The live streaming video feed will show.
- Archived video. Below the live video feed will show the Archived video. This is the recorded video stream.
- The recorded video stream is archived in 15 minute time period clips.
- On the page will show eight archived video clips. These are the video clips for the current day.
- To show more clips, just click on page numbers.
- For each of the listings, the Start Time and End time will show with the Play and Download options.
- Play. To view the video clip, just click on the play icon; .
- Download. To download the video, click on the download icon; . The video clip will then be downloaded as a MP4 file.
- For the previous days of the archived video, just use the From and To. You may select the day and time for which you wish to view the archived video.
What you will see when Playing the archived video clip
- Once that you have clicked on the Play icon for the time period of the video stream that you wish to view, a page will appear with the video.
- With bringing your mouse pointer to bottom of the video, the playback controls will appear. You may also view the video in the full screen.
- To download the video clip, just click on the down arrow icon.
What happens when you download the video clip.
- Upon clicking on the download icon, you will see an indicator on the bottom of your screen. This will say downloading the mp4. Here is an example; 1523729453825 mp4 .
- When the video clip has finished downloading, you will have the option to save as or view it. This depends on your browser. We suggest giving the file a recognizable name.
- For playing the video clip, we recommend that you use a Media Player and not Movie & TV Player. With a Movie & TV Player, the player will modify the video to play in the movie or tv format. This will cause distortion.
Next, let’s use the Floorplan
- This is an optional feature. The floorplan is added as a JPEG or PNG image. This may be created from the location blueprint.
- There are a number of software applications that will do this. For this example, we have used a sample floorplan from the software application; RoomSketcher. With RoomSketcher, you may also create your own floor plan.
- The floorplan will have the camera icon that was dragged and dropped from the list of available camera video feeds.
- For this lesson, we have placed the three camera icons.
- These camera icons were selected from the camera icons that were added when the video feed when it was added.
- Click on the camera icon.
- A static image of the video feed with the video feed name will show.
- Just click on the video feed name to show the video.
- The viewing of the live and archived video feeds are the same as shown above.