What is the Vault?
- The Vault is used to store video clips or files.
- Video clips. In certain instances, it may be necessary for video clips to be uploaded for the customer user to download at a future date.
- The Vault may also be used to upload files for the customer user to download.
In this lesson, we will show how upload a created video clip to the Vault.
How to move a video clip to the Vault?
- In the lesson 5, we learned how to view and download an hour long video clip. This was done from the STREAMS – ARCHIVES page.
- From this page, we may also move an hour of the archived video to the Vault.
- Let’s go to that page. To reach the STREAMS – ARCHIVES page, just click on the Archives listing under the Streams. Not seeing the listings, just click on the .
Then click on the Archives listing.
This will display the STREAMS – ARCHIVES page.
- Next, select the device for which you wish to view the video streams. Just click on the box to the left of the Device Name.
- For this example, we have selected the Demo Main Street device for the date of 08/18/2017.
- At present, the STREAMS – ARCHIVES page is showing 5 entries. We want to show more entries.
- To do this, just select more entries from the Show entries by selecting the number of entries from the drop down list.
- We have selected the number 10 to show 10 entries.
- The STREAMS – ARCHIVES page now shows the 10 entries of the hours of archived video.
- Next, we are going to select an hour of archived video to Move it to the Vault.
- To do this, we will select an hour of archived video.
- We have selected the hour of 16:00:00 to 17:00:00.
- Now, we are going to move the selected hour of archived video to the Vault.
- To do this, we will click on the .
- A box will then appear where you will be able to give the video file a Title.
- We have given it the title of 2017-08-18 for 4 to 5 PM. The 4 to 5 PM is the 12 hour time for the 16:00:00 to 17:00:00 24 hour time.
- Then, we would lick on the Submit button. A message will appear quickly to confirm that the file has been moved to the Vault.
How to view and download the video clip that we have moved to the Vault?
A note. For the Customer User user to view and download a video clip from the Vault, the Customer Admin user must first have published the video clip in the Vault.
- To view and download a video clip in the Vault, we first will click the View listing that is located under the Vault.
- This will display the VAULT – VIEW page
- In the drop down list for the Device List will show the devices for which a video clip has been published.
- For this example, the Demo Main Street is showing. This the device from the STREAMS – ARCHIVES page for which we moved the hour long video clip to the Vault.
- Upon selecting the Demo Main Street, The VAULT – VIEW page will show the video clip that was moved to the Vault and Published.
- To view the video clip, we would just click on the title.
- The video will then appear in the playback player.
- To download the video, you would click on the download icon.
- The video will then be downloaded as a MP4 file.
- Depending on your browser, you may open or view the file in the download folder of your local device.
How to manage the video clips that have been moved to the Vault?
- To manage the video clips in the Vault, we would first click the View listing that is located under the Vault.
- This would display the VAULT – MANAGE page.
- This will show the video clips that have been moved to the Vault.
- The Status will show as Active or Pending. An active video clip is one that has been published. A pending clip is one that has not been published.
- Clicking on the for a video clip will display a page with details for the clip.
- To return to the VAULT – MANAGE page, you would just click on the Back button.