What is the Video Management System software?
- The Video Management System is web-based software that provides the off-site viewing and recording of network Internet Protocol (IP) surveillance video from any IP based camera, Digital Video Recorder (DVR) or Network Video Recorder (NVR).
- Off-site recording means that the video is hosted on a remote server that is located in a secure data center.
- This is the software that is used in the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service.
- It was developed to support the ONVIF standard. The Open Network Video Interface Forum (ONVIF) standard was developed to facilitate the development and use of a global open standard for IP-based security products.
- In this case, these products are network IP cameras, DVR’s or NVR’s.
- The ONVIF standard supports the H.264 video stream. This is important, as the H.264 standard uses much less of the bandwidth needed to view and record the streaming video from the network device.
- Also, the H.264 video stream provides the viewing and recording of the streaming surveillance video in the high definition (HD) resolution.
What network devices does the Video Management System software support?
- The Video Management System software will support the network IP cameras, DVR’s and NVR’s that have the support for the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP). Most of the newer network cameras have this. As with the newer DVR’s and NVR’s.
How do we access the Video Management software?
- The Video Management System software is a ground-up web-based application. This means that you will just need an Internet connection.
- The user interface is accessed by going to this location; vaasportals.com.
- A dashboard is used for easy access to the features. The features that will be shown are those that are allowed by the user policies.
User Policy System
- The Video Management System is based on a User Policy System.
- This User Policy System determines what a user will be able to see or do when they are logged onto their account in the Video Management System.
- This is a “for your eyes only” system eliminates confusion. As, when the user logs in, the dashboard will just have the features that their user policy will permit.
Account types. The users are based on Account Types.
- These are the Dealer and Customer types.
- User types. For each of the Dealer and Customer types, there are user types.
A dealer is an account in the Video Management System software that will have clients.
The dealer has the following user types;
- Dealer Admin.
- Dealer Billing.
- Dealer Support.
A customer is an account in the Video Management System software that is; 1) a client of the dealer, or 2) that has been setup as a customer account type.
The customer has the following user types;
- Customer Admin.
- Customer Billing.
- Customer User.
In this course, the lessons will explain the features of the Video Management System software when a user is logged logged in the Customer User type. Other courses are available which have lessons for the other user types.