Hello from byRemote
We want to introduce you to the Web Site for the byRemote Video as a Service
The byRemote Video as a Service provides the affordable off-site hosting of surveillance video
What is the byRemote Video as a Service?
Video as a Service is a term that was coined by byRemote in the way back time of 2004. Our thought was that a viewer would not wish to maintain an on-site digital video recorder (DVR) to view and record their surveillance video. Instead, the video from a network based camera would be transmitted over an Internet Protocol (IP) address to a web-based software application. The viewer would then login via a web portal to view their live streaming and recorded video. Coincidentally, this was the time when Software as a Service, or SaaS, was starting to appear. Where a software application was hosted on a remote server rather than on a local computer. So, we just called our web-based products Video as a Service.
This web-based software application provided by byRemote would then provide the viewing and the management of the live streaming and recorded video. To view their live streaming and recorded video, a viewer would access their video by entering their unique login on the login page of the web portal. From there a simple user interface allows a point-and-click system to view the live streaming and recorded video.
The person or company would then subscribe to the byRemote Video as a Service product on a recurring monthly revenue basis. The Video as a Service products provide video surveillance on a budget-friendly, on-demand subscription basis. A user will only pay for what they need. Currently, this service is provided by our flag ship product, the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service.
Hosted Video as a Service
The Hosted Video as a Service is the byRemote Video as a Service flag ship product. With the Hosted Video as a Service, the surveillance video from a remotely located Network Camera, Digital Video Recorder (DVR), Network Video Recorder (NVR) is hosted on a remote server that is located in a secure data center.
Video Management System Vision Platform software.
- The Hosted Video as a Service uses the Video Management System Vision Platform software. Vision Platform for short. The Vision Platform software supports any network camera, DVR or NVR that has a Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) port that supports the H.264 pr MPEG-4 video stream.
How is the Hosted Video as a Service priced?
We recognize that not every location will have the same video surveillance requirements.
So, we offer four products
- 720p HD 1280 x 720 Resolution Recorded at 10 FPS.
- 720p HD 1280 x 720 Resolution Recorded at 5 FPS.
- D1 640 x 480 Resolution Recorded at 10 FPS.
- D1 640 x 480 Resolution Recorded at 5 FPS.
- The Hosted Video as a Service product license pricing is based on the Recording Plan for each of the video streams for each of the products.
- All product license pricing is per video stream per month in USD funds.
- Each video stream may have its own Recording Plan. Just choose the Recording Plan that best fits your need.
- The video is recorded in hours for a look-back period of 24-hours for each of the recorded days. An example; a video stream that has the video recorded for 14-days would have a look-back period of 336 hours. If you wish, you may schedule each video stream to only record for a selected time period.
- There are no additional storage or bandwidth charges.
- The Hosted Video as a Service product monthly subscription license fees are provided on a month-to-month basis. There are no contracts.
- On-going un-limited support from the byRemote HelpDesk is included in the monthly Hosted Video as a Service product license fee.
Free 30-Day Test Drive. An industry first. Try out the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service for 30-days for free. If, after the Free 30-Days, you like our service, we will be delighted to continue the service. If not, for any reason, you may discontinue the Hosted Video as a Service. We do not require a credit card during the Free 30-Day Test Drive.
For more information, just click on the button
Hosted Video as a Service pricing, just click on the button
Vision Platform Software
- Support. The Vision Platform software will support any network IP camera, video encoder, NVR or DVR that has a Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) port.
- H.264 high definition video stream support.
- MPEG-4 video stream support. We realize that you may have some older cameras, video encoders or a DVR that use the MPEG-4 video stream. No problem, we support this also.
- Dashboard user interface. The Vision Platform software features a easy to use dashboard. The administrator dashboard provides one login administration for all accounts and their users and video streams.
- No mention of byRemote. The byRemote names does not appear on the Vision Platform software dashboard. Nor, does it show in the domain used.
- Logo branding. We can add your company logo to the Vision Platform software. Then, when a user logs in, they will see your logo.
- Unlimited users. You may create as many users as you wish. Each user will have permits which permit, or not permit, the users access.
- Flexible recording. Each video stream may have its own recording time period. Also, scheduled recording.
- Locations. The video streams are added by location. Each location will have a map and a floorplan, if wished. This is great should you have many locations.
- Custom camera groups. View the video streams for all, or just selected ones.
For more information, and a Live Demonstration, just click on the button
byRemote Partner Program
The byRemote Partner Program.allows you to resell the Hosted Video as a Service to your clients and opportunities
- Maybe you are the information technology person for your company, and your company wishes to have their surveillance video stored off-site.
- Or, perhaps you have an IT company, and have clients, and potential customers, that wish to have their surveillance video recorded off-site.
- However, you do not wish to provide the billing and software support.
- Then, the Affiliate Level is the byRemote partner level for you.
- You wish to offer off-site hosted video surveillance to your clients and opportunities and wish to maintain customer support and billing. Then, the Reseller Level is for you.
- Your service offering. The Reseller Partner Level allows you to provide the Hosted Video as a Service to your clients and opportunities as your own service offering. You are not required to use the Hosted Video as a Service name.
- Software support. As a byRemote Reseller Level Partner, you will receive un-limited support for Vision Platform software from the byRemote Help Desk.
- No mention of byRemote. The byRemote name does not appear on the Vision Platform software or in the domain used.
- Logo branding. For your login, we will add your company logo. Then, when a user logs in, they will see your company logo.
- Protected territory. As a byRemote Reseller Partner, you will receive a protected territory.
- Lead referral. For any leads that we receive in your protected territory, we will refer these to you.
More information? Click on the button.
Unlimited support with the Hosted Video as a Service Subscription Fee
- byRemote Help Desk.
- The Hosted Video as a Service uses the Vision Platform software. The byRemote Help Desk provides unlimited support for the Vision Platform software.
- IsItUp off-line camera email notification. Should your camera, video encoder, NVR or DVR go offline, you will receive an email notification.
- Vision Platform software updates. Updates are necessary software fixes. These are included in the Hosted Video as a Service monthly subscription fee.
- Vision Platform software upgrades. Upgrades are additions to the features of the software. Upgrades are included in the Hosted Video as a Service monthly subscription fee.
byRemote Help Desk
Just Click on the Button
Free 30-Day Test Drive
- An industry first is the Free 30-Day Test Drive. byRemote was the first to offer the Free 30-Day Test Drive. This allows you to try out off-site hosted video surveillance before purchasing. We use the Hosted Video as a Service for the Free 30-Day Test Drive.
- If you like the Hosted Video as a Service, and wish to continue the service, we are delighted. Of course, then you will have to pay for the service.
- If, for any reason, you do not wish to continue the service, there will be no charges. We do not require a credit card for the Free 30-Day Test Drive.
- How do we start the Free 30-Day Test Drive? It is easy. We have a web page where you can submit an on-line Account Activation form.
Just click on the button
How is the byRemote Hosted Video as Service used?
Below are some screen shots from locations that are using the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service.
With video surveillance in place, employees know that they are working in a secure environment.
As with restaurants, the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is perfect for bars. With video surveillance in place, employees know that they are working in a secure environment.
Residential Home Owners Association
The Hosted Video as a Service is a natural for residential home owners (HOA) video surveillance. There is no need for onsite video storage. Just a network camera, router and an broadband connection.
The shipping processes can be viewed by all supervisors, or each supervisor may have just access to the video surveillance for their area.
With medical cannabis facilities, The byRemote Hosted Video as a Service easily provides the off-site hosted video with 24-hour recording that is often required by local regulations.
In this case the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is used to provide the remote monitoring of propane storage tanks. No on-site recording of the surveillance video is needed. The video is recorded safely off-site.
With video surveillance in place, employees have a secure work environment. Also, each supervisor can monitor their area.
The byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is an ideal video surveillance solution for day care. With its unlimited users, each parent can have their own unique user account.
Here the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service is used in a bowling lane to provide a family safe environment for the customers. A separate bar area also has video surveillance.
Here is a Partial List of Clients that are using the byRemote Hosted Video as a Service
What are Clients Saying about the byRemote Video as a Service?
Here are some Testimonials from Users of the Hosted Video as a Service
O'Kelly's Tastes & Toddies
Proactive is my management philosophy here at O’Kelly’s, our intent is to comply fully with all rules and regulations regarding my liquor license and the City of Fargo.
”Recently, we had an incident in which a few of our employees were found drinking on premise long after the bar had been closed. Along with working closely with the Fargo Police Department, I felt that we needed to implement a video surveillance system which would allow us to monitor operations on site, as well as remotely. Requirements were that myself, along with my management team, would be notified of any movement during specified hours and that no video was to be stored in house.
From my research, I found that byRemote could provide us with the video solution that I was looking for. With byRemote storing the video off-site on their servers, I’m assured that the video can’t be tampered with and we have anytime access to the video, regardless where we’re at.
Once the system was installed, a motion detection feature was added to notify my by e-mail with video snapshots of any person or persons that were at the bar during the restricted hours. All of my employees know that they are to be out of the bar by a certain hour and they know now that they will be recorded if they’re not. Preventative is the key word…. all of my employees have been made aware of the cameras and know that myself and my management team are monitoring the video. I feel that the video surveillance allows us to run a “tighter ship” and actually, our employees appreciate this. In closing, I would recommend byRemote to anyone who is planning to install a video surveillance system. The installation was professional and quick and the after-installation support is provided with a low monthly fee and now with this being done, I have more time to concentrate on managing the rest of my business.”
Mike C.. – Owner
O’Kelly’s Tastes & Toddies
Citgo Sooper Stop
When the new owner of the Citgo Sooper Stop took over this West Fargo C-store, he knew he needed a surveillance system installed quickly. He selected byRemote’s Hosted Video as a Service (HVaaS) solution and within 2 weeks of the installation he was robbed at knife point. As one of our biggest cheerleaders, the owner will happily talk to anyone about his system and how he was able to pay for the system within the first few weeks of operation.
Todd J. – Owner
Citgo Sooper Stop
This Taco John’s franchise has selected byRemote’s Hosted Video as a Service (HVaaS) solution and has IP cameras installed at six locations in North Dakota and Minnesota. The chain connects all of their locations with a high-speed Internet connection and records the video from each location byRemote’s secure servers located in Fargo, ND. The cameras and recordings can be accessed remotely through a web browser which gives them the ability to monitor day-to-day operations in real time. Each store has mounted a monitor in their kitchen prep area to determine the number of vehicles waiting in their drive-thru lane. The speed of service has greatly increased since adding cameras to their stores.
Dalton R. – Owner
R & D Management
Tubs of Fun
Tubs of Fun is a retail store featuring hot tubs, swimming pools and related products.
Troy D. – Owner
Tubs of Fun
The Valley Kitchen is a family style restaurant featuring a home cooked style menu.
Laurie B. – Owner
West Fargo Fitness Center
The West Fargo Fitness Center is a 24-hour access fitness center. As such, it is important that they provide a secure environment.
Matt L. – Owner
West Fargo Fitness Center